I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Yes, I am! I am finally giving away my recipe for my Soft and Puffy Chocolate Chip Cookies. I think that it is time. I talk about them all of the time and I figured that I’d finally share it with you.
Now this recipe took me some time to come up with. There were a lot of failed attempts at trying to get these cookies just right, but once I added a mystery ingredient it all worked out; worked out for the best because I’m going to toot my own horn here….these cookies are DELICIOUS!!!
Now I mentioned a mystery ingredient. The mystery ingredient is 2 vanilla pudding cups.
Yep. You might have seen cookie recipes that call for vanilla instant pudding, but this one is for vanilla pudding cups…2 of them. The pudding helps make the cookies fluffy and enhances the flavor of the cookies.
Enough talk about the cookies, huh? Well, *gulp* here’s the recipe.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature (margarine works too)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Hunt's Vanilla Pudding Cups
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 3¼ cups flour
- 12 oz package milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 cups of the flour with the baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugars, butter and butter or margarine until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla extract. Add the pudding cups and stir until mixed together well.
- Now slowly add in the flour mixture. Add ½ cup of the flour mixture at a time.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Once, they're mixed in, drop spoonfuls of the dough on your cookie sheet.
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes or until the cookies start turning a golden color. (They might not look done, but they will continue to bake on the cookie sheet when removed from the oven.)
- Leave them cool on the sheet for 5 minutes and then move the cookies to a cooling rack.