Peanut Butter Eggs Recipe
I love peanut butter…….and chocolate. Put them together in a recipe and I am in heaven. Lately I’ve been on a peanut butter kick. The last two recipe that I shared included peanut butter and now here’s another. Every year for as long as I can remember, my family and I have made Peanut Butter Eggs for Easter. These are so good that they taste better than the store bought Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs.
- 1 cup Jif Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 8 oz Chocolate Melting Chips (White or Dark Chocolate will work)
- Melt peanut butter and butter in microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir until blended.
- Add vanilla, milk, and powdered sugar. Mix until incorporated.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop or a heaping tablespoon, scoop out the peanut butter mixture and shape it into an egg. *tip below
- Place the eggs on a parchment paper lined sheet and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until it is melted and smooth.
- Remove your eggs from the freezer. Use a fork to dip the eggs into chocolate and flip to cover completely. Lift with fork and gently tap on edge of the bowl to allow the excess chocolate to drip off. *tip below
- Place back on parchment paper.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- * You can also use a deviled egg container to help you get the egg shape.
- * Place a skewer in each of your eggs before you freeze them. When you're ready to dip the eggs the skewers can help you dip into chocolate easier.