Bake sales are an easy event for sports teams to have in order to earn money. Kassie and her cheerleading squad have held a few over the past few weeks in order to raise money for new uniforms.
I didn’t want to make the typical cookie that everyone would expect and could buy anywhere. I wanted something that would be delicious and at the same time something people would want to eat. So we have cheesecake, something almost everyone eats and Oreo cookies. Who doesn’t love an Oreo?!
I whipped up these thick and chewy cookies and WHOA did they deliver. They are soft and chewy and have a subtle hint of cheesecake after the first few bites but then you’re hit with the Oreos.
Pin it to your DESSERT board and SAVE it for later!
Follow The Mom Who on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
These cookies have a crispy edge and a chewy center, but are smooth and creamy just like cheesecake.
I am told “Mom, these are the best cookies that you’ve ever made.” They were very disappointed when it was time to bag them up for the bake sale. Needless to say the next day I made a batch just for them.
TIPS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
► The cookies will be soft in the middle when removed from the oven. That’s alright..it’s cheesecake.
► Do not skip the refrigeration of the dough step. It is a key step in making these cookies so good.
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 tablespoons) (room temperature)
- ¾ + 2 tablespoons cup sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 10 Oreo cookies (broken into pieces)
- In a small bowl, add the flour and salt. Stir.
- In a larger bowl, beat the cream cheese and unsalted butter until light and fluffy. Be sure to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add the sugar and beat well.
- Add the flour mixture a little bit at a time. Scrape down the sides.
- Fold in the Oreo pieces with a spoon.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out dough into 2 tablespoon sized scoops and roll them into balls. Place them on the Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-11 minutes. The cookies will be soft in the middle when removed. That's alright..it's cheesecake.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 15 minutes.