I am told that these were the best cookies that I’ve ever made. “Mom, I love your other cookies that you make, but these Oreo Cheesecake Cookies are amazing.”
Kassie and her squad have a mini bake sale at their home games. Last week I wanted to make something different. Something that wasn’t the typical cookie.
“Mom, do we have to give these cookies to the bake sale?”
“Mom, please don’t give them to the cheerleaders. I want mooorrrrrre.”
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 tablespoons) (room temperature)
- ¾ + 2 tablespoons cup sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 10 Oreo cookies (broken into pieces)
- In a small bowl, add the flour and salt. Stir.
- In a larger bowl, beat the cream cheese and unsalted butter until light and fluffy. Be sure to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add the sugar and beat well.
- Add the flour mixture a little bit at a time. Scrape down the sides.
- Fold in the Oreo pieces with a spoon.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out dough into 2 tablespoon sized scoops and roll them into balls. Place them on the Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-11 minutes. The cookies will be soft in the middle when removed. That's alright..it's cheesecake.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 15 minutes.