This was the first weekend in a while where we didn’t have anything planned. We were supposed to spend our time relaxing. I think I over relaxed, if that’s possible, because I was absolutely bored yesterday. I don’t do bored well. When I get bored, I bake. Lately I’ve been baking cookies so I decided on a cake. I left Emily decide and she chose Honey Bun Cake.
Pin it to your DESSERT board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Mom Who on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
It’s been a while since I made this cake, but every time I make it, the cake is gone that same day. It is so moist and the smell that goes throughout the house is divine. It is fairly easy to make because it uses a boxed, yellow cake mix. Oh, and did I mention that it’s delicious.
- For the Cake:
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 small box Instant Vanilla Pudding (3 oz.)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ⅔ cup Water
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2½ tsp. Cinnamon
- For the Glaze:
- 2½ cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 5 tbsp. Milk
- 1¼ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease (well) a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix brown sugar and sinnamon together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix oil, pudding, eggs, sour cream and water.
- Gradually add yellow cake mix.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the greased pan.
- Sprinkle half of your brown sugar and cinnamon mix on top of the cake batter. Swirl the brown sugar around with a butter knife.
- Pour the remaining batter into the pan. Add the sugar mixture and swirl it again.
- Bake for 50 minutes and remove from oven.
- In a mixing bowl mix the confectioner's sugar, milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour glaze mixture on top of the cake while it's still warm.
- Let glaze set.
- Serve and Enjoy!