Drop Sugar Cookies
You might have noticed lately that I’ve been posting cookie recipes. Part of that is because we’ve had a lot of bake sales for fundraisers lately and the other part is due to the fact that I LOVE to bake. I was excited that I got this recipe from my mom last week. It’s a family recipe and I knew that I wanted to share it with you.
Why? Because these cookies are so soft and moist and are so delicious. They have the perfect amount of vanilla flavor that it makes it hard to eat just one. Is your mouth watering yet? So here it is….
Pin it to your DESSERT board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Mom Who on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Milk
- ¾ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Crisco
- 1 Egg
- 2½ cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- Sugar Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar and Crisco.
- Then add the egg to your mixture.
- Next add the milk and vanilla extract to your wet mixture.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture that's in the large bowl. Mix until incorporated. Don't over mix!
- Scoop dough into 2 tablespoon sized scoops and drop them on your sheet.
- Bake for 6- 7 minutes and then carefully add sprinkles to the tops of the cookies. Continue baking for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- *Note- You can add the sprinkles to the cookies before baking, but the sprinkles sink down into the cookies. You decide on when to place the sprinkles- Before, During, or After baking.