Coca- Cola Glazed Ham
Easter is just a few days away and that means that I’ll get to indulge in some Coca-Cola Glazed Ham. It is so succulent and juicy that I could probably eat it everyday. If there happens to be any leftover it goes great in casseroles, made into sandwiches and fry some up to go with your breakfast.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe:
- 1 bone-in 10-12 lb. ham (don't use a spiral cut ham)
- 1 XL Oven Bag
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard
- 1 large organge, sliced or 1 small can of pineapple slices
- 1 can of Coca-Cola
- Using a sharp knife, score the ham in a diamond pattern. Make them about ¼ inch deep.
- Place the ham in the oven bag. Place the bagged ham in your large roasting pan.
- In a small bowl combine your brown sugar, mustard and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture over your ham and smear it all over the ham.
- Place your fruit choice, orange or pineapple slices, on the bottom of the bag.
- Pour the can of Coca Cola into the bottom of the bag avoiding the the sugar glaze that you just put on the ham.
- Puff up the bag and tie it up while making sure the bag isn't touching the ham or the pan.
- Use a small knife and slit the top of the bag for ventilation.
- Place your pan into the oven while making sure the bag isn't touching the pan or oven sides or top.
- Bake for 2 to 2½ hours or until nice and browned.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. Slice it up and Enjoy!