Bacon Roasted Brussel Sprouts…2 of my favorite things together. It wasn’t until recently that I realized how much I actually enjoy brussel sprouts.
That dreaded vegetable that you hear kids and parents say are gross.
But not me. I love them!
I think that over time brussel sprouts have been given this bad reputation as being an awful thing when in actuality if brussel sprouts are prepared correctly they can be a delicious food.
Cue this recipe for brussel sprouts that are roasted with some delicious bacon. Yum!
Pin it to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Mom Who on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
If you’ve never eaten brussel sprouts before, then this recipe should definitely be your first brussel sprout tasting. The bacon flavor gets into every layer of the brussel spouts so that you get that delicious bacon flavor in every bite.
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp. good olive oil
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 of slices of thick cut bacon, cut into lardons
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.
- Toss the brussel sprouts in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 30 minutes. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly.
- While they’re roasting, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Remove brussel sprouts from the oven and toss the bacon with the sprouts. Return to oven and roast for 5-10 minutes or until sprouts are heated through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with more salt and serve immediately.