It wasn’t until recently that I realized how much I actually enjoy brussel sprouts.
That dreaded vegetable that you hear kids and parents say are gross.
But not me. I love them!
I think that over time brussel sprouts have been given this bad reputation as being an awful thing when in actuality if brussel sprouts are prepared correctly they can be a delicious food.
I thought I’d share one of my favorite recipes that includes two of my favorite foods; brussel sprouts and bacon.
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp. good olive oil
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 of slices of thick cut bacon, cut into lardons
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.
- Toss the brussel sprouts in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 30 minutes. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly.
- While they’re roasting, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Remove brussel sprouts from the oven and toss the bacon with the sprouts. Return to oven and roast for 5-10 minutes or until sprouts are heated through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with more salt and serve immediately.